How to remove and replace the winch on the Simpro Ezi-MT bin lifter.
Removal and replacement
- Raise the cradle about 800mm off the ground.
- Loosen the 4mm grub screw holding the shaft collar onto the end of the cradle axle, and remove the shaft collar.
- Slide the entire cradle off the axle. It is recommended that this operation is carried out by two people.
- Lie the entire machine over onto its ‘front’ or tipping face (so the tipping guide frame is resting on the ground)
- Unwind the winch so the sliding block can come out of the bottom of the mast, and unhook the strap from the sliding block.
- Undo the 12mm bolt securing the ‘top roller’ at the top of the mast, and remove the roller and spacer washers.
- Pull the strap out through the hole at the top of the mast.
- Undo the two 10mm bolts holding the winch onto the mast, and remove the winch.
- Install the new winch using the same bolts, flat and spring washers.
- Feed the new strap back through the hole in the mast, taking care that it is not twisted or tangled.
- Refit the top roller so it will pass beneath the new strap. The mounting bolt should be only nipped tight, to ensure the roller can turn freely inside the mast.
- Pull the new strap down the mast and hook it onto the sliding block, again making sure it is not twisted.
- Re-insert the sliding block into the mast, while turning the winch to take up slack in the strap.
- Stand the machine back upright, then refit the cradle and shaft collar.
- Check operation carefully before restoring the machine to service.