How to remove and replace the batteries on a Simpro Dumpmaster bin lifter.
Standard Dumpmasters are fitted with two 12v sealed gel batteries in series configuration, providing 24v. The batteries are located beneath the powerpack, and held in place with a strap screwed to the ‘Inner panel’.
- Remove the two screws from the top of the ‘outer cover’, and lift the cover out and up to release the bottom pins.
- Release the plug and socket on the wiring loom and remove the cover.
- Undo the screws holding the strap.
- Undo the bolts holding the link plate connecting the two batteries on the right-hand side. (Removing this link plate first avoids shorting across the positive and negative terminals on the left side)
- Undo the bolts holding the red and black cables and remove the batteries.
- Install new batteries by reversing the above procedure.
Ensure all connections are tight before refitting the outer cover.